project moped

Post up what your working on.

project moped

Postby 417zq8 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Well as most of you know I keep spending my money on my bike. any way figure I'd throw up the build on it.

I originally purchased a 2011 Yamaha R6 raven (stock photo I don't have any recent ones)

long story short I was going through a lot of shit I bought it on a whim and I traded it for my bike after several bad bad decisions on it.

Then I got my 2013 Honda Shadow Phantom (again stock photo since I don't have one)

I pulled the front fender, mirrors, reflectors and turn signals off. (no photos of this)

Next I got a license plate bracket/tail light mount from Noschoolchoppers.com Excellent quality and price.

I cruised that around for a while. Bonus: ST. Louis arch shot

Next came the Shinko wide white wall tires. They are OK not sure the little bit of cost saved with Shinko is worth the ride of the tire.

I then drilled out the baffles in the exhaust and heat wrapped them. It sounded good but it looked like total shit. That plan was way better in my head.

I then ordered these bags from viking bags. They are practical but they are not a quick release bag. I am going to make some quick release mounts for them. It is really nice to have a rain jacket and room for my work out clothes and shoes with out taking a back pack. These will make their way back onto the bike this winter. The reason I went with viking bags is the cost, they are not very high quality but unless I am heading to work or on a camping ride they are not on the bike so I could not justify the cost of the better name brand bags. plus these things shipped insanely fast.

I HATED that exhaust so I ordered the Vance and Hines short shots with black heat shields. got them from amazon they offered free shipping. I am so thrilled with the quality of the product and the sound of it.

Next I acquired an extra factory seat from a friend of mine. I drank some beers in the shop cut it into a solo and reshaped the foam I then had Casey at BOONDOCK CUSTOMS fix the foam parts I fucked up and wrap it in Mexican blanket. I have less than $100 into a solo seat that is very comfortable to ride with and does not look like an old mans recliner. (Also got my Biltwell Bonanza helmet in great product.)

Next was the hardest part ten inch zombie performace wide zee bars and one inch biltwell risers. This took approx 6 hours to install the risers are a standard bolt size but the factory bars are not where they attach at the triple trees. Three drill bits some bloody knuckles and an impressive string of curse words they finally fit. This is when I realized that the throttle grip is a solid unit and Honda does not sell just the throttle tube. I found a universal one on zchoppers website I have no idea if it will work but I will let you know if it does. any way on to the pictures!

After that got buttoned up we went to bike night and I had my friend Spencer (Strictly Stripes) pin stripe my tank fender and head light housing. He did an amazing job I just said go at it here is the colors I would like. If you guys need anything striped in the Springfield MO area look him up!

The only things left to add to it is the new dunlop white walls I ordered and the White biltwell grips that I have at home waiting on the throttle tube to come in. I will add more to this when I add more to the bike.

(WHY ARE THE PICTURES ALWAYS FUCKED UP WHEN I PUT THEM ON HERE??????????)
417zq8
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

CHAPTER: SPRINGFIELD MO

Re: project moped

Postby BIG RICH » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Looks good bro
BIG RICH
FOUNDER

CHAPTER: NWA

Postby dakotahq » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:17 pm

dakotahq
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

CHAPTER: SWMO

Postby 417zq8 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:57 pm

SONS OF ANARCHY BIKE BRAHHHH

I started with wanting a quarter fairing this was an issue since no one makes one specific to this bike. So here is what I did.

I found these guys referenced on Chop Cult so I went there and ordered the "48 Cholo Fairing" Great customer service and fast shipping.
48 cholo Fairing / Los Angeles fairing co.

This arrived at my house- Out of the box great quality no holes in it so you can make it fit how ever you desire. (it is not painted and he will not paint them)
It comes with these clamps that are to small to fit the cover of the Shadow forks.

So I started out with making my own bracket. In the end it was a failure due to the fact that I am not capable of thinking things all the way through and there was no where for the cables to go with the design I came up wit.
1st draft (not long enough) Image
2nd draft (needed to trim it better) Image
3rd draft (thought this was the final) Image
cut out of metal and went to test fit.... No dice

Here is a rough drawing of why these did not work

This was the next plan of attack Image

I ended up going to a local hydraulic shop for a 2.5 inch t-bolt clamp (this is provided in the kit but it is a 1.75 inch clamp ) I used the brackets provided just had to bend them a bit to get them to fit. (done with a hammer off my front porch step)
Image (again this is the small one that will not work you have to get one that will go to 2.5 inches.

Finally installed!!

I used 1) 1/4" drill bit 2) 1/4" 20 bolts 2)1/4 washers 2) 1/4 lock washers 2) 1/4" 20 brass wing nuts (just thought they looked neat) 2) 2.5 inch t- bolt clamps 2) supplied brackets.

All in I spen about $140 on the fairing and shipping, $12 on the clamps, I had the bolts but I spent $4 on the brass wingnuts, and finally $2 on the 1/4" drill bit. Makes the bike look 100 times better in my opinion. I doubt I paint it will most likely just get it pin striped like the rest of the bike.
417zq8
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

CHAPTER: SPRINGFIELD MO

Postby Suckyourdickwaltz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:39 pm

I nig it digger.
Suckyourdickwaltz
DO MEMBER

Postby BIG RICH » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:24 am

You did a fine job sir

BTW....I want another bike lol