Dakotah's 1993 C1500

Post up what your working on.

Dakotah's 1993 C1500

Postby dakotahq » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:45 pm

So, I bought this in September of 2012

Yes, It's Pippin and Jones' old truck. Found it on CL, and after selling some stuff, I called the guy, and picked it up.

It needed: New tires, alignment, fixed AC, fixed cruise, wheel tubs and notch cover in bed, spray in bedliner, new carpet, new headliner, nice little box under the rear seat with 2 10" subs, shaved tailgate handle, all new lights, and paint...

Picked up an under-seat sub box for 2 10's at Sparks 7. Ordered tires soon after. I had been driving the hell out of it...lol...put over 500 miles on it in about 2 weeks, and loved every minute of it

Pippin took it and had the nitrogen tanks swapped out for two of the same sized, filled, and he fixed the horn. (Thanks again) I bought new headlight bulbs, the ones in it were blue and I couldn't see more than about 25 feet ahead of me, bought floor mats, new wipers, and zip tied up the E-brake pedal to keep the light from coming on.

Ordered my tires, 255/35-20 LEXANI LX-SIX, which is apparently just a rebadged Nexen. Got them from OnlineTires.com on the cheap...hopefully they aren't too shitty. Also, ordered all my front lights, Diamond cut everything.

Got the new tires put on as well as getting it all legalized to drive. Next up is an alignment and window tint, then re-plumbing the whole thing. I also really want to do a variation on this front end...but I don't know that my funds will allow. We shall see.

Went and picked up a set of stock mirrors, an all chrome grill, and a new air dam from CST trucks in Aurora. Had to order new corner lights. I didn't know that the the corners were different for a GMC. Also got my new license plate frame with lights and line of fire installed (THANKS BILLY and AJ!!!). FYI, the license plate frame is a chrome unit with LED LP light and LED running light built in, from O'Reilly's for $20.

Got the headliner and visors redone by Casey Lumley. He does work out of GBD Kyle's shop. Does great work at a good price. Highly recommend him if you're needing stuff done. Also got the window tint fixed. At some point someone tinted the roll ups with limo tint, but didn't do anything else...so, I had them peeled and had the whole truck done with 20%, with a 5% strip on the windshield. With the factory tint on the extended cab and rear window, they are about 10% now. Looks a TON better and I can actually drive it at night without having to roll the windows down constantly.

New Headliner thanks to Casey Lumley at Boondocks Customs. He does FANTASTIC work. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Visors weren't done yet for the pics. He had to completely rebuild them.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Got the new front end put on. All chrome grill, diamond cut headlights and running lights, diamond cut amber corner lights. I also picked up a bed cover. Trading some stuff to Kyle Woody and he's gonna smooth out and shoot the bed cover flat black for me. Got rid of the cheap ebay "SS" mirrors. Hated them from the beginning. Went back to stockers.

Also, won another trophy with it...best hood prop.

Picked up the tubular control arms at Sparks. Now working on getting all the stuff to completely redo the front end, ie. Bags, bushings, balljoints, etc...Pippin went through and redid all the air line and hooked up my new valves and switchbox. It's now got all 3/8” SMC valves with slow downs in a manifold, and a pink AVS switchbox.
dakotahq
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

CHAPTER: SWMO

Re: Dakotah's 1993 C1500

Postby dakotahq » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Went to Springfield in hopes of finding a smooth chrome front bumper, but didn't have any luck. Gonna order all my front end rebuild crap this weekend, hoping to get it fixed before Christmas.
dakotahq
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

Re: Dakotah's 1993 C1500

Postby dakotahq » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Well, it's been a year since the last update, so...I sold the control arms and it's pretty much sat for a year. Gonna fix the balljoints and control arm bushings, replace the bags, hopefully get it aligned, and do my best to get it to sparks...but it's doubtful.

dakotahq
CHAPTER PRESIDENT

Return to Projects